Bullet Proof Coffee Smoothie
Lisa Roukin's (from My Relationship with Food) nut and dairy free smoothie, you’ll be flying after one cup of this! This smoothie is high in protein and fibre and will keeping you energised from breakfast to lunch.
600ml Boiling Water
4 tsp. Espresso Coffee
2 tsp. Cocoa Powder
2 tbsp. The Groovy Food Company Coconut Oil, Melted
1-2 tbsp. The Groovy Food Company Light Amber & Mild Agave Nectar
5 Large Bananas, Siced 1 Inch Cubes (Frozen Overnight in a Freezer Bag)
2 tsp. The Groovy Food Company Organic Coconut Flour
8 Ice Cubes (if you Like it Very Cold)
- Peel and cut the bananas into 1 inch cubes and place in freezer bags and freeze overnight.
- Dissolve the coffee in the water and leave to cool.
- Place the bananas in the blender with the coconut oil, coconut flour, coffee, cocoa powder and agave nectar and blend.
- Once you’ve reached the consistency that you like, put the ice cubes in the blender and continue blending until all combined together. If you like it very smooth, leave your blender running with for a little longer than normal.
- Pour into a glass and sprinkle cinnamon on top to serve.