Chocolate & Clementine Fridge Cake
Little hands will love getting involved in making this no-cook cake. The jewelled topping makes it the perfect festive treat. Keep in the fridge, as it will start to melt if left at room temp for too long, and help yourself as and when you fancy.
175g equal mix of sultanas, dried cranberries and dried mango, roughly chopped
100g The Groovy Food Company organic virgin coconut oil
100g The Groovy Food Company organic agave nectar, light amber & mild
200g dark 70% cocoa solids chocolate, roughly chopped
50g cocoa powder
100g digestive biscuits, roughly broken into 2cm pieces
75g pistachios, roughly chopped
1. Line a 20cm square baking tin or dish with baking parchment.
2. Finely grate the zest of one clementine and set aside, then squeeze the juice into a bowl. Tip 150g of the dried fruit into the bowl with the juice, mix well and leave to soak for 30 mins.
3. When the fruit has finished soaking bring a small pan of water to the boil. Put the coconut oil, agave, chocolate, and a good pinch salt in a heatproof bowl and set over the simmering water, (making sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water). Stir well until everything is melted and combined.
4. Remove from the heat and sift over the cocoa powder. Mix thoroughly, then stir through the fruit and its soaking liquid, the biscuits, reserved zest of one clementine, and half the pistachios. Once everything is combined tip into the tin and level. Scatter over the remaining pistachios, 25g dried fruit and and grate over the zest of the second clementine.
5. Chill for 2-3hrs, or until set, then cut into bars