Chocolate Coconut Banana Pancakes
After you have dolloped a good spoonful of the panncake mixture into a pan, shake gently to ensure the mixture is evenly spread. It’s hard to believe that you don’t need flour, milk or refined sugar to create a lovely, light and kid-approved pancake. Although delightful, don’t be expecting your run-of-the-mill carb-filled pancake. These have more of an eggy crepe-like texture, which is equally appealing.
If you’re used to eating clean healthy foods, you will more than likely LOVE these. Low-calorie, high-protein, gluten-free and wheat-free.... what’s not to love? Not only do they make a quick and easy breakfast, but they’re also the perfect pre or post-workout fuel, you can even add your favourite protein powder.
For the pancakes:
3 tbsp. The Groovy Food Company Coconut Flour
1 large banana, mashed
4 large eggs, beaten
2 tsp. raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
1 tsp. vanilla bean paste or 1 vanilla pod, deseeded
2 tbsp. The Groovy Food Company Coconut Oil, melted
pinch of salt
For the garnish:
2 bananas, sliced
2 handfuls raw coconut chips, toasted
50g dark chocolate shavings
The Groovy Food Company Agave Nectar Light Amber and Mild
- Put all the ingredients except for the coconut oil into a bowl and blend together with a hand stick blender.
- Melt the coconut oil on a gentle heat and put into a separate bowl.
- Heat your pancake or frying pan over a medium heat and take a square of kitchen roll, dab it into the oil and then wipe your pancake or frying pan with the oil.
- Once the oil is hot, take ¾ ladle of the pancake mixture and pour into the pancake pan.
- Cook until golden brown on the underside (approx. 1 minute), then flip over and cook until golden brown on the other side (about 30 seconds).
- Once you’ve cooked all 6 pancakes, stack them back on top of each other in a set of 3 to warm through in the hot pan and flip over to warm the other side.
- Serve warm with a drizzle of agave nectar, sliced bananas, toasted coconut chips and chocolate shavings on top.