Date and Pecan Bread
Nothing beats the smell and taste of home baked bread. This moist loaf is delicious served with nut butters, sugar free jam, or even mashed up avocado with sea salt and chilli flakes. Once you get the hang of this bake, you replace the dates and pecans with you favourite dried fruits and nuts. It keeps fresh for up to seven days and is delicious served as it is or popped in the toaster.
Required - 2lb tin, makes 1 loaf
8 Large eggs, beaten
150g The Groovy Food Company Organic Agave Nectar Light Amber and Mild
1 tsp. Baking powder
1 tsp. Bicarbonate soda
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Vanilla bean paste or 1 whole vanilla pod, deseeded.
60g The Groovy Food Company Organic Coconut Flour
50g Sunflower seeds (plus extra for scattering)
40g Pecans, broken into smaller pieces (plus extra for scattering)
150g Sticky dates, pip removed and sliced
2 Pinches of sea salt
Sugar free jam
Avocado with sea salt and chilli flakes
- Pre-heat the oven to 325°F, gas mark 3, 170°C (150°C fan-assisted).
- Line a 2lb non-stick loaf tin with a cake liner.
- Whisk the eggs and agave nectar in a large bowl until combined and fluffy.
- Add the baking powder, bicarbonate soda and cinnamon and mix together.
- Add in the sea salt, vanilla bean paste and continue to mix.
- Add the sunflower seeds, flaxseed and the coconut flour and mix until combined.
- Stir in the pecans and dates.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and scatter a few extra pecans and sunflower seeds over the surface.
- Place in the oven for 55-60 minutes.