Easy Fish Curry
Our easy fish curry, is a perfect mid week mealtime winner - packed with flavour.
2 Tablespoons The Groovy Food Company Virgin Coconut Oil infused with Chilli & Garlic
1 Onion finely chopped
3 Cloves garlic thinly sliced
2 Tablespoons freshly grated ginger about a 5cm piece
2 Teaspoons medium curry powder
1 Teaspoon ground turmeric
10 - 15 fresh curry leaves
400 ml (13 ozs) coconut milk – made using The Groovy Food Company Creamed Coconut
2 medium tomatoes roughly chopped
1 teaspoon salt
600 g (21 oz) firm white fish cut into 3cm chunks
20 g (1 cup) chopped fresh coriander
1/2 lime juiced
Melt the coconut oil in a medium saucepan
1. Saute the chopped onion for about 5 minutes over a medium heat until translucent and just starting to brown.
2. Add the garlic and ginger, and cook, stirring gently for 1 minute.
3. Add the curry powder, turmeric and curry leaves, and cook, stirring for a further minute until the mixture is fragrant.
4. Slowly stir in the coconut milk, scraping up the spices and onion from the bottom of the saucepan. Bring the pan to a gentle simmer.
5.Add the chopped tomato, and continue to simmer for about 5 minutes or until the tomato begins to soften
6. Add the fish and the salt to the sauce, and gently poach for about 6 - 8 minutes, or until the fish is cooked
7. Gently stir in the coriander and lime juice. Serve with coconut naan (see groovy recipe) or bowl of rice