360g Casarecce pasta
100g Nduja Sausage
2 Red onions, sliced
2 Garlic cloves, chopped
125ml White wine
1 Tin plum tomatoes
50g Pecorino cheese
1 Handful basil, picked
1 tbsp The Groovy Food Company Organic Fine Blossom Honey
3 Sprigs thyme, picked
The Groovy Food Company Omega High Five Oil
1. Place a large pan of salted water to boil and cook the pasta for 10 min (or see packet instructions.) Cook until al-dente or desired texture then drain the water, keeping at least one cup aside to be used later.
2. In a frying pan, pour a large glug of high five oil and add the sliced red onion and fry for 3 minutes. Add 1tbsp of honey and fry for a further 3 minutes until they begin to slightly crisp.
3. Add the chopped garlic cloves and stir for 1 minute before including the nduja and white wine. Simmer to cook off the alcohol and then add the tomatoes and mash to break them down. Simmer on a low to medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes
4. Add the boiled pasta to the sauce and toss until all is covered. Grate in the cheese and then add the pasta water, torn basil and picked thyme.
5. To serve, spoon into bowls and top it with a generous grating of cheese and a sprinkle of cracked black pepper.