Oat Topped Coconut & Blueberry Cakes
Looking for a healthy cake for breakfast? Try these delicious bakes from Eat, Live, Love, deliciously moist with extra bursts of blueberry sweetness, a perfect topping to a bowl full of yoghurt. Packed with nutrients, they are also wheat and gluten free.
For the cake mixture -
70g frozen blueberries (defrosted)
100g The Groovy Food Company coconut flour
175ml of coconut milk
25g The Groovy Food Company coconut sugar
3 medium eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp melted The Groovy Food Company coconut oil
For the topping-
35g rolled oats
10g The Groovy Food Company coconut sugar
5g desiccated coconut
10g The Groovy Food company coconut flour
1 tbsp melted The Groovy Food Company coconut oil
- Set your oven to 180 degrees and line a muffin tin with 10 cases.
- Combine the baking soda with the flour and set aside. Then whisk the eggs and combine them with the coconut milk and vanilla.
- Add in the melted coconut oil and mix together. Then add in the remaining dry ingredients and you will end up with quite a stiff mixture (don’t worry that’s how it’s supposed to be!).
- In another bowl weigh out all the ingredients for the topping and combine with a fork.
- Divide the mixture between the 10 muffin cases (it looks a little like cookie dough here) then lightly press 3-4 blueberries into the top of each one.
- Using a fork, scatter a little of the topping mixture on top of each one before popping in the oven for 25 mins.
- Let the cakes cool in their cases before you dig in!