Vegan Snickers Ice Cream
This ice cream isn’t just your ordinary healthy banana styled ice cream, it's so much more than that. This snickers ice cream, courtesy of hannahandfitness is not only rich but it’s deliciously satisfying with its thick and creamy waves of caramel running through it, and generous amount of crunch from the peanuts and chocolate chunks.
For the Ice Cream:
- 4 large bananas (cut up and frozen)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp The Groovy Food Company organic coconut sugar
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- 100g roasted peanuts
- 6 squares 70% dark chocolate (cacao for non-dairy)
For the Caramel Sauce:
- 15 pitted dates
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp The Groovy Food Company organic coconut sugar
- Begin by making your caramel sauce by heating a pan with almond milk and coconut sugar.
- Dice your dates up and add to the pan. Cook on medium heat until you have a sauce like texture. Put aside and allow to cool.
- To make your ice cream, add your frozen bananas to a vitamix/blender and whizz until you have a smooth texture.
- Add the vanilla extract, coconut sugar and xanthan gum to the banana mixture and mix until combined. Then add half the chilled caramel sauce, 50g peanuts and 4 blocks of dark chocolate and mix together with a spoon.
- Pour your ice cream mixture into a lined tin and place in the freezer for approx. 4 hours.
- When your snickers ice cream is ready to serve, remove from the freezer and scoop out with an ice cream scoop. Top your ice cream with the remaining dark chocolate, peanuts and caramel sauce.