Victoria Sponge Cake
Fit for a queen, our Victoria Sponge Cake is burtsing with flavour.
For the cake:
3 tbsp The Groovy Food Company Virgin Coconut Oil (melted and then cooled)
350g Natural yoghurt
320g Spelt flour (sifted)
1 tbsp Baking powder
For the filling:
300g Natural yoghurt
100g Raspberry jam
For the garnish:
Handful of fresh blueberries, raspberries and strawberries
Finish with a dusting of icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180° C, and prepare/line two springform cake tins.
- Whisk eggs, combine with the melted coconut oil and yoghurt in a bowl until creamy.
- Add the spelt flour and baking powder. Continue to mix until it forms a batter.
- Spread the batter evenly between both tins.
- Bake for 20-25 mins, or until golden-brown on top and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 mins before removing from tin and peeling off paper. Set aside and cool on a wire rack.
- Once completely cooled, spread the top of your bottom cake with with jam. Then gently add a layer of yoghurt and sandwich with your top cake.
- Decorate with fresh fruit and dust with icing sugar.