Chocolate Courgette Spelt Cake
A great choice for people who don’t like their cakes too sweet as it has savory tones. This cake is better after being kept a couple of days wrapped in a tin as the flavours develop.
1 1/2 cups spelt flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
4 tbsp cocoa powder
3/4 cup The Groovy Food Company Agave Nectar Light and Mild
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 cups grated courgette
- Preheat oven to 180c and oil and line a 2lb loaf tin.
- Sift all the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Add all the well ingredients and mix well.
- Pour your batter into your prepared tin.
- Bake for approx 45 mins until well risen and until a skewer comes out cleanly from the middle.
- Cool in the tin for about 10 minutes and then on a wire rack.