Grain Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Melt in the mouth cookies; dairy-free, grain-free, light and chewy, the perfect afternoon treat! These cookies are soft when first out the oven and last up to 5 days after baking, they will harden after a few days, so if you prefer a crunch in your cookie, bake them a day or two in advance.
2 Large Eggs, Beaten
1 tsp. Vanilla Bean Paste or 1 Vanilla Pod (Extract the Vanilla Seeds from the Pod)
1 tsp. Bicarbonate of Soda
1 tsp. Baking Powder
120ml The Groovy Food Company organic virgin coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp. The Groovy Food Company organic agave nectar, light amber & mild
6 tbsp. Almond Butter
70g The Groovy Food Company organic coconut flour
80g The Groovy Food Company organic coconut sugar
70g Dark Chocolate Chips (optional Dairy Free)
2 Pinches Sea Salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F, gas mark 4, 180°C (160°C fan-assisted).
- Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Beat your eggs in a large mixing bowl then add the vanilla bean paste, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder and mix together.
- Mix the coconut oil with the egg mixture and then add in the agave nectar and the almond butter and combine until smooth. Add the coconut sugar and gradually add in the coconut flour and sea salt, stirring the mixture with a spoon.
- Fill a piping bag with the mixture and slowly squeeze the mixture into 2.5cm circles onto the baking trays and bake in the oven for 8 -12 minutes.
- Once baked, take them out of the oven and leave to cool on the tray for 10 minutes to settle then remove to a wire rack to cool.