Breakfast Pancakes with Bacon and Avocado
Whip up these breakfast pancakes and serve with your favourite toppings!
1 tbsp The Groovy Food Company Amber and Mild Agave Nectar
150g self-raising flour
½ tsp cream of tartar
2 large, free-range eggs, separated
125ml natural yoghurt
16 rashers streaky bacon
2 avocadoes, sliced
2-3 tbsp The Groovy Food Company Agave Nectar Rich and Dark
The Groovy Food Company Organic Cooking Spray with Virgin Coconut Oil
- Sift the flour into a bowl with the cream of tartar and add the caster sugar.
- Make a well in the centre, add the egg yolks and dollop in the yoghurt.
- Mix gradually together to form a thick batter.
- Set aside whilst you get the bacon ready.
- Heat your grill to high and cook the bacon for 5-6 minutes, turning, until golden and crispy, set aside under a piece of foil to keep warm.
- Once the bacon is nearly cooked, whip the egg whites in a clean bowl to soft peaks. Fold into the pancake batter.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan and spray with a little coconut oil spray, so it forms a very thin layer. Drop heaped tablespoons of the batter into the pan and cook for 2 minutes until set and golden on the bottom (you can peek at them to check) then flip over and cook for a further 1-2 mins.
- Transfer to a plate to keep warm and cook the rest of the pancakes, adding more coconut oil if you need to.
- To serve, pile up stacks of pancakes scattered with avocado wedges and strips of crispy bacon. Drizzle with the dark agave and serve immediately.