Cherry, Pistachio and Lime Courgette Loaf
Cherry, Pistachio and Lime Courgette Loaf courtesy of FitnessForster. Perfect with a cup of tea and high in essential nutrients like potassium, as well as that all important vitamin C.
190g Gluten-free self-raising flour
209g The Groovy Food Company organic virgin coconut Oil (melted)
1 Medium courgette – finely grated
150g The Groovy Food Company organic coconut sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla essences
2 Limes – juices & zest + extra zest for topping
125g Pistachios + extra for topping
125g Fresh cherries
Porridge oats to decorate
1. Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees C. and grease/line a loaf tin-set to one side.
2. In a medium bowl combine the melted coconut oil and coconut sugar, add the eggs, lime juice and vanilla and mix well.
3. Add the flour and lime zest and mix. Finally, add the courgette, cherries and pistachios and thorough mix until well combined.
4. Pour into a loaf tin and make sure it’s evenly spread out; sprinkle on some porridge oats to decorate.
5. Pop into the oven for 1 hour 30 minutes; keep checking every 5-10 mins after an hour.
6. When ready; remove from the oven, sprinkle with crushed pistachios and lime zest. Leave to cool completely before cutting.
7. Store in an airtight container for 2-3 days.