Gizzi Erskine's Chocolate Orange Cookies
Coconut flour makes brilliant cookies. You know the soft middle ones with a crumbly edge and a slightly melting chocolate. The coconut sugar adds a really caramelly tinge to the cookies and the orange rounds the whole thing off for brilliantly balanced flavor.
50g The Groovy Food Company Organic Coconut Flour
50g The Groovy Food Company Organic Coconut Sugar
100g The Groovy Food Company Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, melted and cooled
110g hand cut milk chocolate chips
2 free range eggs
zest of 1/2 orange
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 170C, and lay some baking parchment on a greased baking tray.
- In a bowl, blend together the coconut flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Next mix in the eggs, organic virgin coconut oil, vanilla and chocolate chips until everything is mixed well and you have a loose dough.
- Wet your hands to prevent sticking, and roll the dough into 9 balls, placed evenly on the baking tray.
- Press down with the palm of your hand so they are about 1.5cm thick.
- Place in the oven for 12-14 minutes, until the bases are lightly brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 15 minutes before eating, but DO EAT WARM with milk or plant milk.