Citrus Omega Cool Oil Cake
A refreshing sweet and citrusy treat!
30ml The Groovy Food Company Omega Cool Oil
110g unsalted butter, softened
100g The Groovy Food Company Agave Nectar Light Amber and Mild
2 free range organic eggs, beaten
140g self-raising flour
30g ground almonds
For the drizzle:
juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp The Groovy Food Company Agave Nectar Light Amber and Mild
- Take the top and bottom from the orange then cut into smaller pieces, blitz up in a mini blender until you still have a little texture then add in the oil and blend until you have a puree then set aside.
- Cream butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the agave and eggs.
- Then fold in sifted flour and almonds, mix until fully combined.
- Fold through the puree.
- Pour into a greased 2lb baking tin and bake in a pre-heated oven set at 180°C/gas mark 4 for 40–45 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix lemon juice and agave and pour over cake as soon as it comes out of the oven.
- Leave to cool before slicing and serve with a spoonful of ice cream.