These fish tacos filled with salsa and salad are a light and refreshing lunch or dinner.
For the fish:
4 cod fillets approx. 120g each
150g dried breadcrumbs
2 eggs beaten
Flour for dusting
The Groovy Food Company Omega High Five Oil, to fry
For the salsa:
½ sweet red pepper finely diced
3 spring onions finely sliced
1 red chilli finely diced
1 small avocado cubed
A good handful of chopped fresh coriander
1 tbsp The Groovy Food Company Omega Cool Oil
Soft flour or corn tortillas
- To make the salsa, drain the sweetcorn and put into a bowl with the pepper, chilli, onions, avocado and coriander. Squeeze in the juice of the lime and cool oil and mix together. Season to taste.
- Take 3 shallow bowls and put the flour in one, the beaten eggs in another and the breadcrumbs in the 3rd.
- Cut your fish fillets in half lengthways and then dust with the flour, dip in the egg and then coat with the breadcrumbs. Take a large, deep frying pan and pour in enough oil to create a pool around 1cm in depth.
- Heat the oil over a medium heat until it is hot enough. Take a tiny piece of bread and see if it browns in the oil or put a wooden skewer/chopstick in the oil and if it fizzes, it’s hot enough!
- Cook the fish for about a minute on each side then drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve in the flour or corn tacos with the lettuce, sour cream and a good dollop of the sweetcorn salsa.