Goey Chocolate Raspberry Pudding
This goey chocolate raspberry pudding is a firm family favourite whatever the age. From grandaughter to grandma and eveyone in between!
For the pudding:
125g The Groovy Food Company Rich & Dark Agave Nectar
175g self-raising flour
50g cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
85g unsalted butter
50g ground almonds
For the sauce:
100g The Groovy Food Company Rich & Dark Agave Nectar
25g cocoa powder
300ml boiling water
250g Fresh Raspberries (frozen if out of season)
Icing Sugar for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/Gas 4 (if using a fan-assisted oven adjust the temperature according to instructions).
2. Sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into a bowl and rub in the butter. Stir in agave, almonds and mix in the milk until smooth.
3. Spoon the mixture into a deep, 2 litre round oven-proof dish and level the surface.
4. For the sauce mix together agave and cocoa powder and whisk in the boiling water. Pour the cocoa liquid over the pudding and bake for 30-40 minutes (placed on a baking sheet) or until the top is firm and there is a lovely dark sauce at the bottom.
5. Leave to stand for just a minute or two before serving (the sauce will be absorbed by the sponge if left to stand too long). Dust with icing sugar and decorate with fresh raspberries.
6. Delicious served with ice-cream!