Mulled Wine Brownies
T'is the season for fun and mulled wine brownies!
100g dark chocolate
150g unsalted butter
200g The Groovy Food Company Coconut Sugar
1 large egg and 1 egg yolk
100ml red wine
50g cocoa powder
100g The Groovy Food Company Coconut Flour
pinch of nutmeg and ground cloves
¼ tsp each cinnamon and ginger
1. Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4, butter and line the base of a 20cm x 20cm brownie tin with parchment paper.
2. Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water.
3. Mix the flour and cocoa powder together with the spices and a pinch of salt - set aside.
4. Using an electric whisk, beat the butter and sugar together until super light and fluffy then whisk in the egg and yolk.
5. Pour in melted chocolate, red wine and flour mixture and whisk until just combined.
6. Pour the batter into tin and bake for 15 mins until just set, don’t worry if there is a slight wobble in the centre, it will set up as they cool. Put into the fridge to firm up.