Tofu & Vegetable Skewers with a Date Syrup Glaze
Tofu & Vegetable Skewers with a Date Syrup Glaze – totally #vegan and #glutenfree! These perfect plant-based kebabs can be prepared and assembled ahead to unleash more flavour.
55g Date Syrup
3 tbs Soy sauce
2 tbs BBQ sauce
1 tbs Olive oil
1 tbs garlic powder
1 tbs sriracha
1 tsp black pepper
425g firm tofu or extra firm tofu
- Soak wooden skewers for 30 mins in a shallow dish filled with water to prevent burning.
- Drain tofu and slice into 9-12 cubes and set aside
- To make the glaze combine the water, Date syrup, Soy sauce, BBQ sauce, Olive oil, Garlic powder, Sriracha, and pepper then stir.
- Place tofu in the marinade and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Remove tofu from marinade. Heat remaining marinade over a low heat and cook for about 10 minutes, until it reduces and thickens.
- Whilst your marinade is cooking, cut up your veg.
- Assemble skewers, alternating between tofu and veggies and further glaze with your marinate.
- Heat a pan or grill and cook each skewer for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Delicious served with a fresh salad and flatbread.