Mexican Tortilla Bowl
If you’re a fan of nachos, you’re going to LOVE our vegan alternative! These Mexican tortilla chips smothered with melted dairy-free cheese and sliced jalapeño peppers are the ideal plant-based snack for the weekend.
8 small tortilla wraps (white or wholemeal) sliced into nacho triangles
150g vegan grated cheese
1 tin of drained pre-cooked black beans
10 cherry tomatoes, sliced
Half a red onion, diced and cut into small chunks
A handful of fresh coriander, chopped
3 ripe avocados
A dash of white wine vinegar
The Groovy Food Company Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
1. Heat the oven to 200degrees/180degrees Fan
2. Slice the tortilla wraps into equal, small nacho-like triangles
3. Prepare a baking tray and spray the tray with The Groovy Food Company Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
4. Place the tortilla triangles on the tray and bake for 10-15 minutes (or until golden and crispy) and then set aside
5. Meanwhile, make your salsa by chopping and dicing half a red onion and adding to a small bowl. Add the chopped coriander and sliced cherry tomatoes. Add a dash of white wine vinegar and mix together. Set aside.
6. To make the guacamole, slice your 3 avocados, take out the seed and spoon out the flesh into a bowl. Next, add a pinch of salt, pepper, chilli flakes and squeeze 1 lime and mash together using a fork. Set aside.
7. Place your tortilla triangles into a roasting dish and sprinkle on top the grated vegan cheese. Toast this in the oven for roughly 10 minutes or until the vegan cheese has melted.
8.Take out from the oven and sprinkle over your black beans. Finish by topping with spoonsful of your salsa and guacamole. Top with extra chilli flakes for more heat.