Vegan Almond Butter Brownies
Try IG's @theplantifulbrunette’s Almond Butter Brownies for a yummy yet protein-rich treat -suberb!
22g Chia Seeds
45g The Groovy Food Company Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
60g Almond Butter
100g The Groovy Food Company Coconut Sugar
250ml Oat Milk
30g The Groovy Food Company Organic Coconut Flour
25g Ground Almonds
33g Cacao Powder
2 Tbsp The Groovy Food Company Organic Coconut Oil
2 Tbsp Almond Butter (plus extra to top)
1 Tbsp Cacao Powder
1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C and grease your baking tin with coconut oil.
2. Then place the chia seeds in a blender and blend for about 30 seconds to form a powder. Place the powder in a bowl and add the water then leave for around 5 minutes for the chia seeds to absorb the water.
3. Place the almond butter, coconut oil (melted) and coconut sugar in a bowl and mix to combine.
4. Then add the chia seed mixture and oat milk then mix again.
5. Add the coconut flour, ground almonds and cacao powder and mix until everything is evenly combined.
6. Pour the brownie batter into the prepared tin and bake for around 25 minutes or until you can poke a knife in the there is no more wet batter.
7. While the brownie is cooking make the icing by mixing melted coconut oil, almond butter, maple syrup and cacao powder together.
Once the brownie is cooled, pour the icing over the top and drizzle with almond butter.Then place in the fridge a few hours to set before you slice them.