Vegan Salted Caramel Almond Butter Cups
Look at these beautiful vegan treats, created by Sunshine_Susan Seriously they taste as good as look!
85g of ground almonds
20g of oats (GF if required)
1 tbsp of The Groovy Food organic virgin coconut oil
1 tbsp of almond butter
dash of Himalayan Pink Salt, vanilla and cinnamon
Salted Caramel layer
135g of dates (soaked in hot water for 10 minutes)
2 tbsp of The Groovy Food Organic Agave Nectar, Light Amber & Mild
3 tbsp of The Groovy Food Company organic virgin coconut oil
20g of The Groovy Food organic coconut sugar
1 heaped tsp of maca powder
dash of vanilla and cinnamon
1/4 tsp of Himalayan Pink Salt
4 tbsp of The Groovy Food Company organic virgin coconut oil
4 tbsp of cacao powder
2 tbsp The Groovy Food Company Organic Agave Nectar, light amber & mild
dash of vanilla extract
To make the base:
1. Mix all the ingredients in a food processor, if too oily add in more oats.
2. Place 10 cupcake cases in a muffin tray and devide the mixture forming the flat bottom layer.
3. Place in the freezer, whilst you mak ethe next layer.
To make the salted caramel layer:
1. Combine all the ingredients for the salted caramel layer in a food processor, until you get a caramel-like mixture. If the mixture is a little dry, add a teaspoon at a time of the date water (that you soaked the dates in) until the correct consitency is formed. Layer the mixture on top and return to the freezer.
To make the chocolate layer:
1. Gently heat up the coconut oil in a saucepan, combine the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
2. Layer approximately 2 tsp on top of each cupcake and return to the freezer to set for at least 1-2 hours or overnight.
3. These are best kept in a freezer.