Asian Noodles with Chargrilled Beef and Sweet Soy Lime Dressing
A perfect salad for picnics, lunches or a light meal. Noodles are always popular especially when bathed in this sweet soy and lime dressing made with Groovy Food’s High Five oil. Colourful and glistening with a whole array of fresh tasting vegetables this is incredibly healthy too. Instead of beef you could add large prawns, salmon or chunks of roasted tofu for a vegetarian option.
500g / 1 lb 2oz sirloin steaks, trimmed of fat
1tbsp Thai fish sauce
1tbsp Groovy Food High Five Oil
Freshly ground black pepper
150g / 5 ½ oz sprouting broccoli, cut into small pieces
250g / 9oz egg noodles 1 carrot, cut into julienned
4 spring onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
Handful of mangetout sliced lengthways
1 red pepper cut into long strips
Handful of coriander leaves, chopped
Handful of mint leaves chopped
Handful of chopped roasted peanuts to serve
4tbsp tamari soy sauce
2tbsp Groovy Food Dark Rich Agave Nectar
3tbsp Groovy Food High Five Oil
1 red chilli, deseeded and diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1tsp freshly grated ginger
Juice and zest of 2 limes
1tbsp rice vinegar
- Mix together the fish sauce and oil. Rub the steaks with the mixture and season on both sides. Allow the steaks to stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before cooking.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan until hot. Sear both sides of the steak for 3 minutes on each side. Take off the heat and leave to stand for 5-10 minutes. Slice thinly and set aside.
- Cook the noodles in boiling water until al dente. Drain well.
- Blanch the broccoli for a couple of minutes in boiling water until al dente. Drain well.
- To make up the dressing simply whisk all the ingredients together and set aside.
- Place the noodles in a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and pour over some of the dressing. Toss well and season to taste. Sprinkle over a few chopped roasted peanuts to serve.