Butter Bean & Chorizo Stew
This hearty stew will be a hit every night of the week - a firm family favourite.
For the Stew
200g cooking chorizo
2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
2 x 400g cans drained butter beans
1 fresh pesto (see recipe below for pesto)
1 tablespoon of The Groovy Food Company Organic Virgin Coconut Oil infused with Chilli & Garlic
For the pesto
2 large handfuls of fresh rocket
55g pine nuts (toasted)
2 garlic gloves – finely chopped
150ml High Five Cooking Oil (The Groovy Food Company)
1. Slice the chorizo and tip into a large non-stick saucepan with The Groovy Food Company Organic Virgin Coconut Oil infused with Chilli & Garlic over a medium heat.
2. Fry gently for 5 mins or until starting to turn dark brown.
3. Add the tomatoes and drained butter beans, bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 mins.
4. To make the pesto, place all the ingredients in a food processors and blend to a smooth paste.
5. Swirl through the pesto, season lightly and ladle into four bowls. Delicious served with fresh crusty bread.