Channa Aloo Curry
This delicious comforting stew is bang on for an easy veggie mid week meal.
4 tablespoons The Groovy Food Company Organic Virgin Coconut Oil infused with Ginger
2 -3 tablespoon curry powder
1 large onion diced
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg spice
1½ teaspoon smoked paprika
2 teaspoons fresh or dried thyme
1 teaspoon cumin spice
1 teaspoon white pepper.
2 cans of chickpeas drained
280g of peeled and cubed potatoes
500ml stock -veg or chicken
½-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
1 scotch bonnet or habanero pepper
2 onions chopped
2 tablespoons or more chopped parsley
Salt to taste
- Gently heat up a large sauce-pan with coconut oil, and add onions, garlic, thyme, cumin spice, all spice, smoked paprika, nutmeg and curry powder, stir occasionally for about 2-3 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add the potatoes, stir and sauté for about 2-3 more minutes. Add a tablespoon of stock if necessary to prevent the pan from sticking.
- Next add chickpeas, scotch bonnet pepper, and gently fry for a further minute before adding the remaining stock.
- Bring to a gentle boil and let it simmer for 15 mins until sauce thickens.
- To garnish, you chopped parsley, and salt to taste. Delicious served warm with a coconut flatbread. (see recipe)