Coco Tamrind Fried Wings
Combining sweet, savoury and sticky flavours and textures to create a tasty dish full of Asian notes.
For the wings:
1.2kg Organic Chicken wings
30g The Groovy Food Company Coconut Flour
6 Spring onions, sliced
3 Red chillies, deseeded and sliced
For the Sauce
100g Tamarind paste
10 Garlic cloves
175ml coconut vinegar
100ml The Groovy Food Company Dark Agave Nectar
150g Korean hot red pepper paste
500ml The Groovy Food Company Virgin Coconut oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven at 200°C. Place all the ingredients for the sauce into a blender and whizz for 1-2 minutes.
2. Lightly coat the chicken breasts in coconut flour, salt and pepper.
3. Heat a large frying pan with coconut oil and add the chicken wings, cooking on each side for two to three minutes until slightly golden.
4. Once the chicken is cooked, turn off the heat and add the sauce to the pan, stirring thoroughly to coat all the wings.
5. Cook the wings in the oven for 12 mins. Once done, serve in bowls with sliced chillies and springs onions and dig in to enjoy!