Grain Free Broccoli & Cheddar Cheese Muffins
These delicious, moist grain-free muffins are great for either breakfast, on the go, post gym workout or as a mid-morning snack.
It is best to use tulip muffin cases and often when using regular muffin cases, the muffin will stuck to the paper, tulip muffin cases also help make the muffins look more professional.
We suggest serving these muffins straight from the oven with a delicate tomato & beetroot salad and it makes the perfect snack for anytime of the day for both children and adults alike whether it’s as part of a lunchbox, picnic, or delicious served with a soup.
If you would like to try something other than broccoli, why not try grated or diced left over potatoes or sweet potatoes. This recipe is perfect with any vegetable you like, such as kale, spinach, cauliflower.
10 Large eggs, beaten
150g Broccoli florets, cut into bite size pieces
150g Cheddar cheese, grated
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
40g The Groovy Food Company Organic Coconut Flour
2 tsp. Baking powder
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 5, 200°C (180°C fan-assisted), 375°F.
- Line a 12 hole muffin tray with tulip muffin cases or muffin cases (preferably silicone ones, to prevent sticking).
- Cut the broccoli florets into bite size pieces without including too much of the stalk and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl with a hand whisk or fork. Add the Dijon mustard and season with sea salt and white pepper.
- Add the coconut flour and baking powder to the egg mixture and blend until smooth.
- Add the grated cheddar cheese and broccoli and mix all together.
- Spoon or pipe the mixture into the muffin cases and bake in a pre-heated oven for 25 minutes.
- Take out of the oven once cooked and leave to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.