Peach & Chilli Chutney
Spice it up in the kitchen and use our Omega High Five Oil to create this incredible Peach & Chilli Chutney. We like to think of this as a sophisticated addition to any lunch, or simply as a snack with a cracker and some cheese, with the added bonus of a healthy hit of those all important Omegas.
The Groovy Food Company Omega High Five oil
1 onion, sliced
700g firm peach, de-stoned and diced
6 small red chillies, finely chopped
Thumb of ginger peeled and matchsticked
1 tbsp cumin seed
Seeds from 15 cardamom pods
200g soft light brown sugar
250ml cider vinegar
1. Heat a spoonful of High Five Cooking oil in a large pan, add the onion and cook for a few mins until starting to soften.
2. Add the remaining ingredients, increase the heat and stir to dissolve the sugar.
3. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, until most of the liquid has evaporated and the peaches have softened. Around 45 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, sterilise your jars.
5. Transfer the chutney to the jars, seal and leave to cool before eating.
6. The chutney can be stored in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Once opened, keep in the fridge and eat within 4 weeks.