Roast Squash Salad
Lettuce and tomato salads will become a thing of the past once you've tried this dish.
1 butternut squash
The Groovy Food Company Omega High Five Oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 small dried red chilli
1 tsp fennel seeds
20 slices of Parma ham
4 handfuls of watercress
6 tablespoons The Groovy Food Company Omega Cool Oil
4 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 small block of Parmesan cheese
- Pre heat the oven to 190°C.
- Cut the squash in half.
- Remove the seeds then cut into quarters.
- Place the squash on a baking tray and rub all over with the Omega High Five Oil.
- Sprinkle over some salt, pepper, dried chilli and finally the fennel seeds.
- Roast in the oven for about 30 minutes until soft.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Mix together the Omega Cool Oil with the cider vinegar to make a dressing and check the seasoning.
- Gently break up the squash and divide it between four warm plates.
- Lay the Parma ham slices over the warm squash then scatter over the watercress.
- Drizzle the dressing over and then finish with shavings of fresh parmesan and some freshly ground black pepper.