Tofu and Turmeric Scramble (Vegan Scrambled Eggs)
An all time favourite, we can't get enough of this breakfast feast - scrambled eggs like no other, packed with flavour. A perfect start to the day.
2 tbsp The Groovy Food Company coconut oil with turmeric
1 leek, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
150g frozen green peas
1 1/2 tsp The Groovy Food Company creamed coconut
1 tsp sweet paprika
1 tbsp ground cumin
500g firm tofu, crumbled
50g bunch coriander, leaves roughly chopped
4 slices wholewheat seeded bread
chilli sauce, for drizzling
2 limes, cut into wedges
1. Heat oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add leek, garlic, chilli and peas and cook, stirring, for 5 mins until everything has softened.
2. Meanwhile spoon the creamed coconut into a blender, add 50ml hot water and blend until smooth, set aside.
3. Add the spices and 1 1/2 tsp salt to leek mixture, then tip in the crumbled tofu and stir to coat. Pour in coconut milk and using a wooden spoon start breaking up the tofu and mixing all the ingredients together. Cook for 5 mins, stirring constantly, until heated through.
4. Remove from heat and stir through most of the coriander.
5. Toast the bread slices. Scoop the avocado flesh into a bowl and mash with a good squeeze of lime juice and some seasoning. Spread the avocado onto the toast and top with the scrambled tofu, the remaining coriander and a drizzle of chilli sauce. Pop some lime wedges on the side for squeezing over.