Vegan Agave Sticky Toffee Pudding
An old classic with a vegan twist - a delicious winter pud.
4 Tablespoons The Groovy Food Company Virgin Coconut Oil, for greasing
180g Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
240ml rice milk
300g rolled oats
6 Tablespoons cashew butter
12 Tablespoons The Groovy Food Company Rich & Dark Agave Nectar
4 Tablespoons of water
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/190°C fan/Gas Mark 5 and grease a 20 x 17cm square baking dish with the coconut oil.
2. Add the dates to a saucepan with the water and rice milk. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until the dates start to form a paste with the liquid.
3. Tip in the oats and cook for a further minute. Stir well, then transfer to the prepared dish or tin, spreading the mixture in an even layer. Place in the oven to bake for 25 minutes
4. Meanwhile, stir together the cashew butter and agave nectar with the water.
5. Remove the dish from the oven and pour the cashew and agave mixture on top of the oats (reserving 4 tablespoons), then put back in the oven to cook for a further 3-5 minutes to heat through until the sauce is piping hot.
6. Reheat your reserved sauce, and drizzle over each portion and serve.