Ginger and Coconut Puddings
These delicious ginger and coconut puddings are dairy free and make great party food.
100g The Groovy Food Company Rich & Dark Agave Nectar
1 tsp icing sugar mixed with a pinch of ground ginger
6 pieces stem ginger, plus 3 tbsp of the syrup
75g The Groovy Food Company Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
200ml warm water
1 inch of fresh ginger, grated
½ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp allspice
175g self-raising flour
½ tsp baking powder
¾ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease 8 darial moulds and then dust with a mixture of icing sugar and ground ginger.
- Finely chop the stem ginger or whiz in a small food processor.
- Melt the coconut oil with the stem ginger syrup in a pan until simmering, then add the warm water.
- Sieve the flour into a large bowl, then add the sugar, fresh ginger, ground ginger, allspice, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the eggs and coconut oil mixture and whisk with an electric hand whisk until smooth. Fold in the chopped stem ginger.
- Divide between the moulds, making sure they are no more than 2/3 full then place on a baking sheet and cook for approximately 13-15 minutes.
- The puddings will have risen, so level out the tops with a knife and then turn out and serve with custard or cream.