Vegan Chocolate Bites
Looking for a chocolate fix, try this vegan alternative. We promise it will hit all the right notes.
75g cashew nuts
3 tbsp The Groovy Food Company agave nectar -light amber & mild
2 tbsp cocoa nibs
1 tbsp The Groovy Food Company coconut oil (melted)
3 heaped tbsp cocoa powder
3 tbsp The Groovy Food Company agave nectar - light amber & mild
2 tbsp chia seeds
40g pecans or cashew nuts
1. Soak chia seeds in a bowl with 8 tbsp of water and leave aside.
2. Place all the base layer ingredients in a food processor and blend until combined and sticking together. Press the mixture into the bottom of an inch-deep tray.
3. Next, place all the topping ingredients in the processor with the chia seeds and most of the water then blend until smooth.
4. Scoop the topping out and spread on top of the base layer, then put the tray in the freezer for at least an hour. Once set, it’s ready to cut into portions.
5. It will last in the fridge for at least a week (covered)