Vegan Vanilla Cake
A light, moist sponge with the flavour of vanilla shining through.
250 plain flour
250g caster sugar
1 ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp salt
250ml soy milk (or other dairy free milk)
60g The Groovy Food Company Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
3 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180c/160c fan/gas mark 4.
- Line a 20cm cake tin.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix together with a whisk.
- Mix together all the wet ingredients in a jug. If you are using coconut oil and it is still a bit thick, pop the jug in the microwave for a quick blast, to give it a chance to melt.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix together lightly, then pour your cake batter into your tin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the cake is golden and a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tin for a while, before moving to a cooling rack.