Chocolate Orange Oat Cookies
Delicious with a cuppa - these Chocolate Orange Oat Cookies by Charlottemmma are everyones friend.
70g melted The Groovy Food Company organic coconut oil
100g The Groovy Food Company organic coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
75ml The Grooy Food Company organic agave nectar - light amber & mild
Zest and juice of 1/2 an orange
60ml almond milk
50g desiccated coconut
90g The Groovy Food Company organic coconut flour
90g Gluten Free oat flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp salt
74g The Groovy Food Company organic creamed coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 180 celsius and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Use an electric hand mixer to beat the coconut oil and sugar together.
3. Add the vanilla extract, agave, orange zest and juice and almond milk, beat until combined.
4. Add the desiccated coconut, coconut flour, oat flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt, mix until it comes together to form a soft dough.
5. Roll into 1 inch balls and place onto the baking tray. Flatten each ball to make 1cm thick rounds.
6. Bake for 11 - 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
7. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the tray for around 15 minutes.
8. In a small bowl, use an electric hand mixer to whip the creamed coconut until it begins to thicken (around 2 mins) and then drizzle over your cookies.
9. Allow the creamed coconut to set (I put mine in the fridge to speed up the process) and keep cookies in an airtight container for 3-4 days.