Tahini & Turmeric Granola Bars
Naturally sweetened, these Tahini & Turmeric Granola bars are the kick start everyone needs at breakfast time. You'll definately be coming back for more.
300g gluten free oats
150 mls The Groovy Food Company Organic Agave Nectar – Dark & Rich
5 tbsp tahini
2 tbsp The Groovy Food Company Organic Coconut Oil Infused with Turmeric
10 medjool dates, pitted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
100g shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
75g dried cranberries, roughly chopped
2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1 Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Grease and line a 20cm square baking tin with parchment paper.
2. Spread the oats on a large baking tray and place in the oven for 10-15 mins, until lightly toasted. Set aside to cool.
3. Combine the agave syrup, tahini and turmeric coconut oil in a small sauce pan. Cook over a gentle heat for 5 mins. Meanwhile put the dates in a blender along with 100ml warm water and blitz until smooth.
4. Remove the pan from the heat, add the date puree, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and 1/4 tsp salt. Mix well then add the dates and set aside to cool slightly.
5. Combine oats, pistachios, dried cranberries and sesame seeds in a large bowl. Pour over the tahini and date mixture, and combine well making sure the oats are well coated. Tip into the prepared tin and press the mixture down using your hands (the more you press it down, the better the bars will hold together).
6. Bake for 15-20 mins, then leave to cool in the tin for 15 mins before transferring to a wire rack. Cool completely before cutting into bars