Coconut Chocolate Mousse
This easy chocolate mousse is dairy free, smooth and delicious!
1 tin coconut milk (minimum 50% coconut)
2 medium free-range eggs, separated
3 tbsp The Groovy Food Company Agave Nectar Light Amber and Mild
3 tbsp cocoa powder
- Place the tin of coconut milk in the fridge overnight. This helps the coconut cream solidify and separate from the coconut water.
- In a bowl over a pan of simmering water, whisk the egg yolks with the agave with an electric hand whisk until it forms a thick pale mixture that leaves a trail when you lift the beaters from it. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and continue to whisk for a further 3-4 minutes to cool a little.
- Remove the coconut milk from the fridge. Open the tin and scoop the solid coconut cream from the top of the tin into a bowl. Discard the coconut water (or drink it). Mix the coconut cream with the cocoa powder then mix this into the egg and agave mixture.
- In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until the form stiff peaks.
- Carefully fold them into the chocolate and coconut mixture, being careful not to knock out too much of the air.
- Spoon into 4 glasses and chill for at least an hour before serving.