Easter Egg Brownies
How yummy does this look? A perfect Easter tray bake for all the family.
185g The Groovy Food Company Organic Virgin Coconut Oil plus extra for greasing
185g best dark chocolate
3 large eggs
275g golden caster sugar
85g plain flour
40g cocoa powder
150g mini eggs
1. Put the Coconut Oil and chocolate in a medium sized heatproof bowl and set over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until melted.
2. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Grease a 20cm square tin with butter and line with 2 long strips of folded baking paper or foil – one running top to bottom, the other left to right then line the base with a piece of baking paper. The strips will help later.
3. Break the eggs into a bowl and tip in the caster sugar. Whisk the eggs and sugar until they look thick and creamy and have doubled in size.
4. Pour the cooled chocolate mixture over the egg mixture, then gently fold together
5. Sieve the flour and cocoa into the wet ingredients then continue to fold the mixture gently with a spatula until everything is fully combined
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and level the mixture with the spatula. Put in the middle of the over and bake for 20 minutes
7. Crush a few of the mini eggs but leave some whole.
8. After 20 mins take the brownie out of the oven and press in the mini eggs, cut side up. Scatter over half of the mini eggs too and put back into the over for a further 5 mins
9. Once baked, top with the remaining mini eggs leave to cool and then place in the fridge for an hour to firm up