Coconut and Cranberry Flapjacks
Delicious flapjacks, great sweet treats for adults and lunchbox fillers for kids.
70g The Groovy Food Company Agave Nectar Rich and Dark
150g The Groovy Food Company Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
115g dates, chopped
150g porridge oats
2 tbsp ground flaxseed
60g desiccated coconut
60g wholemeal flour
115g dried, sweetened cranberries
2-3 tbsp pistachio nuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, Gas mark 4.
- Grease a traybake tin.
- In a large saucepan, melt the agave nectar and coconut butter together over a low heat, stirring until well combined. Place in a blender with the dates and process to form a sticky paste.
- Place the oats, flaxseed, coconut, flour, cranberries and pistachio nuts in a large bowl. Pour over the date mixture and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Spoon the flapjack mixture into the prepared tray and press it down with your fingers firmly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until deep golden-brown on top and remove from the oven.
- Leave the flapjacks to cool for 5 minutes then score the flapjack lightly into 12 pieces whilst still hot. Allow to cool completely in the tin before turning out.