These jackfruit taco's are a great vegan alternative, packed with flavour and crunch.
1 can (14 oz) young green jackfruit in water - drained
1 white onion
4 garlic cloves
1 tbsp The Groovy Food Company High Five Cooking Oil
1 tbsp The Groovy Food Company Rich & Dark Agave Nectar
7 tbsp vegetable stock
1/2 tsp tabasco sauce
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2-1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
Handful fresh corriander
12 crunchy taco shells
Gem Lettuce – finely shredded
Radishes – finely sliced
Jalapeno Chilli – finely sliced Handful of shredded gem lettuce
1. Tip the jackfruit into a sieve or colander to drain the excess water and pat the pieces down with a clean kitchen towel to dry them off. Cut into 1/4-inch strips and put aside.
2. Peel and finely slice the onions and garlic.
3. Warm the oil in the frying pan and add the onion and garlic, stirring until soft and translucent. Add the jackfruit, agave syrup, vegetable stock, and tabasco sauce.
4. Cut one limes in half and squeeze in the juice, stir until the jackfruit is well covered. Replace the lid, turn down the heat leave to simmer for 7–10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has been absorbed into the jackfruit.
5. Take the lid off the pan and sprinkle in all the spices and salt. Stir until the jackfruit pieces are well covered and taking on the colour of the spices. Transfer the jackfruit pieces to a serving dish once fully coated.
6. For the accompaniments; slice the remaining limes into wedges, roughly chop your coriander. Next finely chop your gem lettuce, radishes and jalapeno chilli and set aside with your favorite guacamole and salsa. Serve your Taco Shells and Jackfruit. The best part is seeing everyone tuck in and build their own.