Rosemary Anzac Biscuits
The addition of rosemary to this classic recipe hits the spot.
90g rolled oats
160g wholemeal plain flour
165g The Groovy Food Company Organic Coconut Sugar
40g desiccated coconut
125g unsalted butter, diced
2 tbsp golden syrup
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp sea salt flakes
1 tbsp rosemary leaves
1. Preheat oven to 170°C. Line 2 large oven trays with baking paper.
2. Mix oats, flour, coconut sugar and desiccated coconut in a bowl.
3. Combine butter and golden syrup in a saucepan and stir over low heat until butter is melted and the mixture is well combined
4. Next add the bicarbonate of soda and 2 tbsp boiling water in a bowl, add to butter mixture then stir into dry ingredients until well combined.
5. Use a tablespoon to make balls of the mixture then place on prepared tray, leaving space between them. Press down lightly and sprinkle with salt and rosemary.
6. Bake until golden brown, swapping trays halfway through cooking, until deep golden (18-20 minutes). Cool on trays.