For the base:
250g plain flour
50g ground almonds
1 tsp baking powder
125g The Groovy Food Company organic coconut oil, chilled until firm
100g The Groovy Food Company Rich & Dark organic agave nectar
1 tsp vanilla extract
50g desiccated coconut
zest 1 lemon
1 egg, beaten
For the filling:
300g frozen blueberries
75g The Groovy Food Company Rich & Dark organic agave nectar
juice 1 lemon
2 1/2 tbsp cornflour
1. Heat oven to 180/160 fan/gas 4.
2. Grease and line a 17cm x 25cm (or 20cm x 20cm) baking tin with baking parchment.
3. Stir the flour, ground almonds, baking powder and a pinch of salt together in a large bowl. Add the firm coconut oil and rub in using your hands, until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the agave and vanilla.
4. Transfer 200g of the mixture to a separate bowl, for the crumble topping, and stir in the desiccated coconut and lemon zest, cover and chill.
5. To the remainder add the beaten egg, then tip this into the baking tin. Using your hands press the mixture into an even layer, prick with a fork and bake for 15 mins, leave to cool.
6. Meanwhile for the filling, put berries, nectar and lemon juice in a pan. Heat gently until the mixture begins to bubble, then cook for 2-3 mins. Remove from the heat. Mix the cornflour with 2 tbsp cold water. Very slow stir in the cornflour mixture into the blueberries, stirring all the time. Return the pan to heat and bubble for 1 min. Set aside to cool.
7. Once cooled add a little spoon of the blueberry mixture over the base, and spread to an even layer. Top with the crumble topping and bake for 25 mins or until golden. Leave to cool completely before cutting.