Avocado and Banana Smoothie with Raspberry Syrup
A creamy delicious drink rich in B vitamins, mood boosting trytophan and magnesium to calm and soothe frazzled nerves. Avocados are also a great source of vitamin E and monounsaturated fats – great for a healthy heart and silky soft skin. By adding a little cool oil to the smoothie you can also boost your intake of healthy essential fatty acids – a great way to get kids to eat them without even knowing! The raspberry syrup is delicious drizzled over the top of the smoothie and also makes a great sauce for puddings, pancakes, ice-creams or stirred into natural yogurt for a quick tasty dessert.
1 small banana, sliced
1 small avocado, peeled and stone removed
2 tbsp The Groovy Food Company Agave Nectar Rich and Dark
2tsp The Groovy Food Company Omega Cool Oil
300ml (10floz) chilled milk or milk alternative e.g. soy, oat or rice milk
225g (8oz) fresh or frozen raspberries
30ml (2tbsp) The Groovy Food Company Agave Nectar Light Amber and Mild
- First make the raspberry syrup. Place the raspberries and the agave nectar in a blender or food processor and whizz until smooth.
- Pass through a sieve to remove the seeds.
- Pour into a bottle or jar and keep in the fridge until needed. You can keep the syrup in the fridge for up to a week – it also freezes well.
- Using a food processor blend the banana, avocado, agave nectar and cool oil together until smooth.
- Add sufficient milk to make a thick creamy drink.
- Pour into glasses and drizzle over a little raspberry syrup. Serve immediately.