Lemon and Poppy Seed Muffins (Gluten Free)
These zesty muffins are the a welcome treat for those folloiwing a gluten free diet.
60g Coconut flour
108g Olive oil
4 large eggs
60 ml sweetener of choice (we used our Organic Agave Nectar)
60 ml lemon juice
3tsp poppy seeds
Zest of 1 lemon
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C and line your muffin tray with cases.
2. In one bowl combine the olive oil, eggs, agave lemon juice, and lemon zest.
3. In another bowl combine the coconut flour, baking powder and salt.
3.Add the dry ingredients to the wet in two batches and mix well. Add the poppy seeds and stir through.
4. Distribute the batter amongst 12 muffin cups.
5. Place in oven and bake for 20-22 minutes. Remove and allow to cool for 5 mins before taking out of tray and placing on wire rack to cool.
6. Store in an air tight container.