Spiced Coconut Rice
This spicy coconut rice will have your coming back for more.
1 Tbsp The Groovy Food Company Organic Virgin Coconut Oil Infused with Turmeric
1 1/2 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
2 shallots, sliced
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
200g long grain brown rice
300ml The Groovy Food Company Organic Creamed Coconut
Pinch of salt
1/2 Tsp chili powder
1/2 Tsp ground black pepper
170g raw cashews
1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
1/2 Tbsp The Groovy Food Company Light Agave Nectar
1 Tsp curry powder
1 Tsp turmeric
Pinch of cayenne (optional)
1 Small bunch of coriander, chopped
1. In a large, deep non-stick skillet, sautée shallots and ginger in the infused coconut oil for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add garlic and continue cooking for another minute. Add rice and cook for 2 more minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Add creamed coconut, salt, ½ tsp turmeric, chili powder and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes, until tender (but not mushy) and all the liquid has been absorbed.
4. In the meantime, prepare the cashews: combine in a medium bowl with soy sauce, agave nectar, curry powder, ½ tsp turmeric and cayenne and toss well. Then, in a non-stick frying pan, cook at medium low heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring constantly so they do not catch.
5. Once the rice is done and ready to serve, add cashews and chopped coriander and combine evenly.